Some like the Daily Post suggestions and others don’t care for them at all and let everyone know by leaving negative comments. There are those who seem to do it consistently and it does get a little annoying. This is what’s bugging me today!
I visit the Daily Post to read not only the topic suggestions to see what the offering of the day is but also the comments. Sometimes I like the topics and have been able to work them into my blog and other times I don’t care for them at all. But I don’t like to leave negative comments and just try to find another topic.
Everybody is allowed to have their opinion, but if you consistently don’t like the topics then it’s time to find other sources. There are those writing on their blogs just for fun and that’s fine. But there are others who have set up their blogs to improve their writing and need a better variety of topics.
Whatever the reason is, we all sometimes need ideas on what to write about – me included.
- How to – write a post on something you know
- Top 10 lists – on anything you like, great blogs or posts, favourite things
- Tips & Tricks – what are you good at
- Tell a story – reach back into your memories
- Reviews – movies, books, products, games
- Interview – someone or yourself
Just a couple of days ago Alexy Saltekoff used the interview technique to introduce a 6-part series Bringing Focus Back to My Daily Blog. He was trying to follow the Daily Post suggestions but found that it just wasn’t working for him and came up with his own plan. Read his latest post Finding focus: What’s your vision?
How many of you have used the Press This feature in WordPress? This could be used to link to another post you like. Write a short piece on why you like it, include an excerpt and then link back to the original page. It doesn’t have to be a blog posting, it could be anything you’ve read, even news stories.
Still not enough ideas. Use Google and search for – topic suggestions for blogs. I did this and came up with a few sites. I’ve listed some of them for you.
If you find a topic you’re interested in but are worried that the post might be too long, like this one is going to be soon, then create a series of posts similar to what Alexy has done. This will also help bring your visitor back to your blog to read the post and maybe even subscribe to your blog.
This is what’s bugging me today!
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge
- PostADay2011 – Topic Suggestions are Suggestions!!
- or not – Another Day of Rest
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 1 year ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 1 year ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 1 year ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 2 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 2 years ago