How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations
Spring has arrived with people starting to think about planning summer vacations. But this year, some may feel they have a problem because they’ve committed to post to their blogs every day and aren’t sure how they’re going to keep up with it. I’m having a tough time right now just keeping up. This is what’s bugging me today!
Before even summer vacations come around, we have long weekends to deal with. April brings us a long weekend with Good Friday and Easter, in the month of May, we have Victoria Day for the Canadians and Memorial Day for the Americans and I’m sure there are others happening around the globe.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to worry about your blog during these times. What happens if something unexpected comes up and you’re called out-of-town? Wouldn’t it be nice if you had some posts already lined up and ready to publish.
I know I would love not having to worry about my blog during times like that.
We know we can use the scheduling feature to post into the future but first we have to write them. So what do you write about.
Here are some ideas that I’ve offered to others before:
- If you love reading, write a short book review, include an excerpt from the book.
- If it’s poetry you love, let people know why in a few sentences and include the poem.
- Is there a favourite quotation/s that you like. You can do the same here as you did with the poem or book.
- Use the WordPress ‘Press this‘ feature and reblog someone else’s post.
- Check your ‘Posts I Like‘ and see if there are any you would like to reblog. The feature is right on the page.
- Post some photos and tell a story.
- Write about your favourite food and maybe post a recipe.
- Write shorter posts – make your blog post a 2 or 3-parter.
Which is what I’m doing today! Because if I continue it’s going to be too long. Part 2 with more ideas tomorrow.
The ideas I mentioned above are great to have on hand, ready to publish for those days when you just can’t come up with something or are pressed for time.
What are your plans for the summer?
Will you be taking your blog on vacation with you or will you put up a “Gone Fishing” post?
This is what’s bugging me today!
Quote for today
A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 3 years ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 3 years ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 3 years ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 3 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 3 years ago