Absolutely, Absolutely, Absolutely, Absolutely
How many times in a row do you think you can hear that word from reporters or guests on television these days?
Recently I heard a guest on a program say it 4 times in a row. The reporter had not said anything in between. She replied absolutely with 4 different voice inflections.
Once is enough!
- Don’t they know any other words?
- Can’t they change it up a bit?
- Do they have to say it more than once in response to one question?
I can understand the guest may not be experienced at being interviewed and is still trying to shake it off.
But the reporter? The broadcast journalist who probably went to school and should know better!
There used to be a time when the reporter did their own editing if the interview was taped or at least watched while someone else did it. Doesn’t appear to be happening these days.
Do they not ever listen to themselves or watch the interview?
If these reporters are wanting to move up in the News business, they need to expand their vocabulary!
How many different words for absolutely? Here are a few.
Please listen to yourself and use another word.
How about saying something as simple as “Yes”.
This is what`s bugging me today!
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 6 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 6 years ago