Housekeeping ‘IS’ a Chore
Last weekend was busy for me, as I decided to change my theme and there is still some work to do. I’ve seen a lot of updated blogs this week, with new pages, new themes and many of you have also updated your about pages and written a post on it. It’s a great way for us to get to know you.
I still haven’t done mine. Oh, I did a little update to it saying I would add more but just can’t seem to sit down and write about myself and put myself out there. It’s easy to do here on the blog because I’m usually telling a story about what is or isn’t bugging me and it serves a purpose. But I know I need to do it and give you a little more about myself.
I’m making a commitment to update my about page over the next few days, as long as I can hit the publish button when I’m done.
How many of you are in the same position as me?
It’s nice to see everyone is displaying the PostADay2011 & PostAWeek2011 badges proudly on their blogs. Did it feel good putting it there? I know it did for me. 🙂
Here are some of my housekeeping chores for the weekend.
- cleaning up my tags and settle on the main ones to use
- review my Categories
- review the blog and add links to other postings
The last one could take a bit of time, but it’s easier to do it now before the job gets so huge that I won’t want to do it. Why is this important? Linking to past articles and other pages on your blog increases your page views and keeps the reader on your blog.
This also helps to Improve Your Search Rankings and receive more visitors to your blog. Listing related articles at the bottom of your post is a great way to do it, but you can also link to other posts/pages within your posts by marking a word or phrase in bold and linking to it.
I have my work cut out for me this weekend.
This is what’s bugging me today!
- Housekeeping Can Be A Chore
- or not – A Time to Rest
- PostADay2011 Bloggers – Click the Like Button Please
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 6 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 6 years ago