or not – Another Day of Rest
As another week comes to an end, it’s time for a little rest. Not a lot, but at least a bit to gather my thoughts and look forward to the coming week. There is still plenty of Housekeeping to do, both on the blog and at home. There is nothing really bugging me today!
Today is a day for sharing. Sharing things I have learned, sharing things I have found which could help some of my fellow bloggers, and to give thanks to those who have truly touched me, and praise to accomplishments this week.
A special hello and thanks to A Blog by PaPa Joe who has reminded me of what a Wonderfully Small World we live in. For reminding me how much clicking the Like button and leaving a comment can brighten a person’s day and put a smile on their face. 🙂
Special mention to Alexy Saltekoff for his post on Witnessing Bravery and bringing to my attention the short stories they have put into publications of “Portraits in Courage” about the men and women overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Those are some of the highlights of my past week. I’ve made new friends and look forward to getting to know them better.
Sharing new things is great when they can help others. Some of us struggle with our writing and are not so much worried about the spelling but by the grammar. One of my finds this week was PaperRater which is a free online tool.
- spelling and grammar checker
- plagiarism checker
- provides detailed report on your writing.
- plus many more with a final grade
This is definitely something worth checking out. Did I mention it is free!
reminderfox is an add-on for Firefox that sits on your Bookmarks tool bar
- Remember dates & todos
- Display reminders & alarms
- Subscribe to online calendars
Other handy Firefox Add-ons
That’s it for today, there is nothing bugging me today!
A Quote for Today
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people
than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 6 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 6 years ago