or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 6
There are two days left in the RandomBlog2011 Challenge. There is nothing bugging me today!
I’ve been on a roller coaster ride this week and it’s been thrilling. I’ve learned not to be afraid of trying new things and to move forward with my ideas. This challenge was one idea I had considered and I’m glad I took the chance. Now it’s time for me to review my other ideas and projects that have sat on the back burner far too long.
It’s been suggested that the Challenge continue but in a modified way. I’m considering the options and will report back to everyone in a Wrap Up Report.
Saturdays are usually a day when I post Housekeeping but instead I’m going to list two things that I think all bloggers should be aware of to really be a part of the online community and have other bloggers visit their blogs.
When the WordPress Challenge started I would visit The Daily Post to read the comments to see if I could find some blogs to visit. I found some interesting comments but I couldn’t get to their blogs because they weren’t linked up. By that I mean, that neither their name nor their Gravatar had a link to their blog. Well I found that annoying so I decided to write a post PostADay2011 – Bloggers With No Links.
So I ask, Are you linked up?
- Can people click on your name and get to your blog?
- Has your blog URL been added to your Gravatar?
If the answer is no, then please read PostADay2011 – Bloggers With No Links. You will find easy instructions on how to link up.
Many of you might have seen my post the other day where my blogging buddy Piglet in Portugal commented “Crikey Rose, you’ve liked a lot of posts!” When I leave a comment I also click the Like button and there is a reason for it.
Reading the comments I also noticed that the bloggers were practically crying out for someone to please read their blog. Because of all these comments I wrote PostADay2011 Bloggers – Click the Like Button Please.
On my blog I give you three ways to let me know you’ve read the post and for me to find out how you feel about it.
- If you Rate a blog posting the blogger doesn’t get notified of who did the rating
- If you Like a blog posting the blogger receives your information and might come visit
- If you Comment on a blog posting the blogger will often come visit and check your blog
The chances of them coming to visit my blog are far greater when I click the Like button and leave a Comment.
Now, if you want other bloggers to visit and read your blog and maybe leave a comment, which option would you choose?
Blogs I’ve Visited
My regular Housekeeping Saturday post might be coming up later today. I haven’t decided yet and might just skip it this week. I just did mine, did you remember to back up your blog?
There is nothing bugging me today!
Quote for today
A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life’s worthwhile.
- RandomBlog2011 Challenge
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 5
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 4
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 3 – Tips
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 2 – Tips
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Day 2
- or not – Update on RandomBlog2011 Challenge
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying