My 5 of the 20 Most Annoying Things at the Grocery Store
When I do my grocery shopping I usually try to pack my own groceries because I don’t like the way they do it. The last time I handed over my bags and let her pack them and I asked her to please distribute the weight evenly.
This one was totally useless. Not only didn’t she do that but she was about to put my bananas at the bottom of a bag. If I hadn’t seen that, the grapes would have ended up at the bottom too!
I ended up having to repack my groceries. That’s the last time I let them pack and if I’m in their way of dealing with the next customer, I’m sorry but I like my bananas with no bruises and I don’t like my grapes squished.
I wondered if anyone else is annoyed by these things and I found this list.
There are some good ones on this list. Some are self-explanatory, others I’ve added my description to them and on some I’ve listed theirs.
1. Gargantuan Grocery Carts
2. Oops! I Forgot One Thing …
3. Prolonged Temper Tantrums – not just children but adults too!
4. Aisle Blockers
This isn’t the “I-am-not-sure-if-I-have-10-or-11-items” cart, it’s the “I-am-feeding-a-family-of-seven-and-we-eat-a-lot” cart.
6. Kids on Wheels
Have your checkbook out and your check pre-filled, so that when you get the final total that’s all you need to pop in! (Same goes for debit cards, credit cards, cash or any other type of payment — you shouldn’t be digging through your purse for it at the last minute!)
8. Let’s Put Back the … – not having enough money to pay for everything
9. Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign – yes, but what’s on sale?
10. The ’10-for-$10′ Trick – enticing you to buy more than you need
11. That’s Gotta Sting – expired, damaged or opened goods not noticed until you get home
13. Non-Private PIN Pads
14. Lots of (Closed) Lanes
My Favourite and receives a Gold Star
We can’t stand cashiers who take no notice that they are denting cans and squishing bread as they slam our items around. Hey, don’t take your frustrations out on our eggs!
16. But, It Is On Sale! – scanned with the wrong price
18. Self-Checkout Lanes – item won’t scan and you need a cashier, so much for self-checkout and a quick exit
19. Where the Heck Is It?! – items in sections where it makes no sense or finding they’ve moved your favourite item
20. Frosty Freezers –people who leave the doors open while they decide and the doors get all fogged up
Do any of these annoy you?
Which ones would you pick?
This is what’s bugging me today!
Quote for today
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you’re up to.
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying
© 2010-2012 ClassyRose and Things in life I find annoying
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ClassyRose and "Things in life I find annoying" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Top Posts & Pages – Recent
Search My Site
- Fat cat's diet draws Facebook fans - CBC News: bit.ly/pYAdBI via @AddThis >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- Couldn't resist sending this tweet out - Weekly Photo Challenge....Broken wp.me/pRMOb-1Ny /via @wordpressdotcom >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- or not - I'm Back! - Kind of!: wp.me/p1fqaT-131 >>Tweet>> 5 years ago
- How To Deal With Blogs and Vacations http://nblo.gs/fMAU0 >>Tweet>> 6 years ago
- Piglet in Portugal: Missing Food From Back Home - Is It Just Me? expatfocus.com/piglet-in-port… >>Tweet>> 6 years ago