The RandomBlog2011 Challenge
To encourage bloggers in the WordPress Challenge to visit and read new blogs at a blog they have never visited before.
To click the Like button, leave a comment and also let them know they’ve been tagged by the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
To let them know they will be mentioned in your post and/or Tweet.
To help drive a little more traffic to the new bloggers by adding a footnote to your own posts about the new blogs you’ve visited and/or sending out a Tweet on Twitter using the hashtag #randomblog2011.
If you are taking part in the challenge please make sure that your username and Gravatar are linked to your blog.
People can’t read your blog if they can’t find it easily enough.
If you’re not sure how to do this, please read Bloggers With No Links.
How many random blogs will you read this week?
- Read new blog posts from any of the tags on WordPress.com at a blog you have never visited before.
- Click the Like button, leave a comment and also let them know they’ve been tagged by the RandomBlog2011 Challenge and let them know they will be mentioned in your post and/or Tweet
- Help drive a little more traffic to the new bloggers by adding a little footnote to your posts about the new blogs you’ve visited and/or sending out a Tweet on Twitter using the hashtag #randomblog2011.
- Look outside of your comfort zone and read something totally different from what you normally would. Expand your horizon.
- Go “Tag Surfing” on the Hot Topics page.
- Follow a “comment trail” – start with a comment on a friend’s blog from someone you’ve never met and see how far it takes you.
- Try and find new bloggers looking for readers and leave a “like” and a “comment”. Ask them to join in the fun and check out the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
- Tag your own posts with RandomBlog2011.
- Feel free to tag a post or two from the past week with RandomBlog2011.
- Tag an older post or a favourite that didn’t get the attention it deserved.
- Visit the Daily Post and read through the comments and see if you can find someone looking for readers. If they’re posting a link they want to be read.
- You can visit any new blog, but I encourage you to visit and comment on blogs that may have recently joined the WordPress PostADay2011 or PostAWeek2011 Challenge.
Comments are always welcome.
You can find the badges at Random Blog Reading.
For instructions on how to add an image to your blog check out Noobcake‘s post
He’s gone into a fair amount of detail but it’s easy to follow.
Instead of publishing full posts every day for the RandomBlog2011 Challenge, updates will go out as Tweets on Twitter. I will still publish updates in some of my daily posts but if it’s something quick I will instead send out a Tweet linking to the new information.
This is the best way to keep everyone informed on updates. So if you want the latest updates, you might want to follow me on Twitter @classyrose101.
You can find more information on Twitter and hashtags at
Update 022511 11:17am EST
- No one should feel obligated to subscribe to the blogs they discover.
- This challenge is meant to discover and recommend new blogs to your blog readers and those taking part in the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
🙂 Please share this page to help get the word out. 🙂
- PostADay2011 Bloggers – Click the Like Button Please
- PostADay2011 – Bloggers With No Links
- Trying to Find Topic Suggestions
For the original RandomBlog2011 Challenge and all related articles please click here.
- or not – At Last, Here It Is
- or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge Update
- or not – We’re Moving Forward – RandomBlog2011 Challenge
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying