RandomBlog2011 Challenge – Feb 14-20/11
Stay Tuned For Future Plans
Beyond February 20, 2011
The RandomBlog2011 Challenge
I’m encouraging bloggers in the WordPress Challenge to commit to visit and read at least 2 new blogs every day this coming week Feb. 14-20, 2011 at a blog they have never visited before.
I have no idea how many will decide to take part in this challenge but I’ve been thinking about this since I noticed the special week of Feb 14 – 20, 2011 for Random Acts of Kindness and I just had to give it a try.
Anyone wanting to take part in this challenge can tag their posts with RandomBlog2011. You will be able to find and read the blogs participating in the RandomBlog2011 Challenge using this tag the same way you are currently reading the PostADay2011 and PostAWeek2011 blogs.
I will be adding comments to the Daily Post inviting anyone who wants to take part to tag their posts RandomBlog2011. Each participant is asked to read and comment on 2 random blogs every day for the week but that doesn’t mean you can’t read more. Let’s share some likes and comments with some new bloggers.
If you are wanting to take part in the challenge please make sure that your name and Gravatar are linked to your blog. People can’t read your blog if they can’t find it easily enough. If you’re not sure how to do this, please read Bloggers With No Links.
How many random blogs will you read this week?
1. Read a minimum of 2 new blog posts every day from any of the tags on WordPress.com at a blog you have never visited before.
2. Look outside of your comfort zone and read something totally different from what you normally would. Expand your horizon.
3. Go “Tag Surfing” on the Hot Topics page.
4. Follow a “comment trail” – start with a comment on a friend’s blog from someone you’ve never met and see how far it takes you.
5. Try and find new bloggers looking for readers and leave a “like” and a “comment”. Ask them to join in the fun and check out the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
6. Tag your own posts with RandomBlog2011.
7. Feel free to tag a post or two from the past week with RandomBlog2011.
8. Tag an older post or a favourite that didn’t get the attention it deserved.
9. Visit the Daily Post and read through the comments and see if you can find someone looking for readers. If they’re posting a link they want to be read.
10. You can visit any new blog you want but I encourage you to visit and comment on blogs that may have recently joined the WordPress PostADay2011 or PostAWeek 2011 Challenge.
I think that just about covers it.
Participants in the Challenge are welcome to leave comments.
Seashell suggested the following in her comment Monday and I think it’s a great idea.
We could even help drive a little more traffic to the new bloggers by everyone adding a little footnote in their posts about the new bloggers they’ve visited.
Please share this page to get the word out.
- PostADay2011 Bloggers – Click the Like Button Please
- PostADay2011 – Bloggers With No Links
- or not – Random Acts of Kindness Week
- or not – Random Acts of Kindness
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying