or not – RandomBlog2011 Challenge
I normally only post once a day but with the RandomBlog2011 Challenge starting tomorrow I wanted to get this out for my friends and readers around the world where it’s early Sunday evening or already Monday. You know who you are!
Ever since the WordPress Challenge started and especially since we all have our Blogging Buddies now there’s been a lot of talk about how great our online community is.
Now is our chance to show just how great we are!
Think back to when the challenge started and the pledge we all made.
I’ve decided to blog more. Rather than just think about doing it, I’m doing it!
Starting now, I am pledging to post to this blog once a day for all of 2011.
I know it won’t be easy, but it will be fun, inspiring, awesome and wonderful. I just started this blog but I’m promising myself to make use of The DailyPost and the community of other bloggers to help me along the way. Including asking for help when I need it and encouraging others when I can.
If you already read my blog, I hope you’ll encourage me with comments, likes, and good will along the way.
Let’s show some love to the new bloggers who are having trouble getting readers to their blog.
1. Read a minimum of 2 new blog posts every day from any of the tags on WordPress.com at a blog you have never visited before.
2. Look outside of your comfort zone and read something totally different from what you normally would. Expand your horizon.
3. Go “Tag Surfing” on the Hot Topics page.
4. Follow a “comment trail” – start with a comment on a friend’s blog from someone you’ve never met and see how far it takes you.
5. Try and find new bloggers looking for readers and leave a “like” and a “comment”. Ask them to join in the fun and check out the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
6. Tag your own posts with RandomBlog2011.
7. Feel free to tag a post or two from the past week with RandomBlog2011.
8. Tag an older post or a favourite that didn’t get the attention it deserved.
9. Visit the Daily Post and read through the comments and see if you can find someone looking for readers. If they’re posting a link they want to be read.
10. You can visit any new blog you want but I encourage you to visit and comment on the blogs that recently joined the WordPress PostADay2011 or PostAWeek 2011 Challenge.
I think that just about covers it.
Since this challenge is something I’ve started you are welcome to visit the RandomBlog2011 Challenge page and leave a comment to let me know you’ve joined the challenge.
Let’s have some fun this week!
There is nothing bugging me today!
Quote for today
All people smile in the same language.
- or not – Random Acts of Kindness Week
- PostADay 2011 – Bloggers With No Links
- PostADay2011 – Topic Suggestions are Suggestions!!
- or not – maybe? How will PostADay2011 play out?
© 2010-2011 Things in life I find annoying